Ioannis - Orestis GeorgopoulosDr Civil Engineer,
Laboratory of Geomaterials, Section of Mechanics
Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Physics
National Technical University of Athens
tel.: +30 210 772 4136
mob.: +30 6944 566 900
fax : +30 210 772 1302
- Degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Section of Mechanics, National Technical University of Athens (2006)
- Experimental Research in Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA (2003)
- Experimental Research in Laboratoire 3S, Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble (2003)
- PhD Candidate, Section of Mechanics, National Technical University of Athens (2002-2006)
- Diploma in Interdisciplinary Graduate Program of Studies, Faculty of Civil Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, "Structural Design and Analysis of Structures" (2001).
- Diploma of Civil Engineering in Structural Engineering (2000), National Technical University of Athens, Greece.
- 11 months' employment as a Civil Engineer in a consulting company (Ergosystems), September 2000 - July 2001, Athens, Greece.
- University of Cambridge, Certificate of Proficiency in English, Grade C, June 1997, Athens.
- Goethe Institut, Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom (KDS), Gesasmptnote befriedigend, Athen 2001.
- French Language
- Georgopoulos, I.O and Vardoulakis, I. (2000). Study of the Malakasa Landslide of 18-2-1995 by using Combined Block Failure Mechanisms, 4th National Congress of Geotechnical Engineering, Greece.
- Darve, F., Servant, G., Collin, F., Georgopoulos, I.O. “Could diffuse modes of failure be analysed by a material instability condition?”. 16th Engineering Mechanics Conference, July 16-18, 2003, Washington, Seattle, ASCE.
- Darve, F., Servant, G., Khoa, H.D.V., Georgopoulos, I.O. “Failure condition and flow rule of granular materials”. International Symposium on Numerical Models in Geomechanics, 25-27 August 2004, Ottawa, Canada.
- Servant G.D.F., Darve F., Desrues J., Georgopoulos, I.O. (2004). “Diffuse modes of failure in geomaterials”. Deformation characteristics of geomaterials, Di Benedetto Ed., Swets & Zeitlinger.
- Vardoulakis, I., Georgopoulos, I.O. (2005) “The Stress-dilatancy hypothesis revisited: shear-banding related instabilities”. Soils and Foundations, Vol. 45, No.2, April 2005.
- Desrues, J., Georgopoulos, I.O. (2005) “An Investigation of Diffuse Failure Modes in Undrained Triaxial Tests on Loose Sand”. Submitted for publication.
Membership to Professonal and Scientific Societies
- 2000 Technical Chamber of Greece
- 2001 American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)